The daily care programme is organised as a response to residents’ individual and combined needs.
- At The Devonshire we provide meals which enable residents, where possible, to decide what, where and when they eat.
- We offer a programme of leisure activities from which to choose
- We help residents to retain flexibility in their daily routines so that they, to some extent, manage their own timetables whilst fitting into communal timetables as well.
- We respond to residents intellectual, artistic and spiritual values and practices of every resident
- We respect our residents religious, ethnic and cultural diversity
- We encourage them to make new friends, have personal liaisons and enjoy communicating with existing friends.
We are able to offer the following services:-
- Laundry - is done on a daily basis so it is unnecessary to bring large amounts of clothes. Please mark all clothes with resident’s name.
- Hairdressing - the hairdresser visits our home on Tuesday, or residents can have their own hairdresser if preferred. *
- Religious Services – are provided alternate Wednesdays in the lounge and other local ministers of various denominations visit at resident’s request.
- Chiropody – a Chiropodist visits every six weeks or three monthly depending on need. *
- Physiotherapy - a physiotherapist visits our home and appointments can be made if required *
* These are not included in your fees